Undergraduate Essay Prize
The undergraduate essay competition is open to all undergraduate students in Women's and Gender Studies courses. Essays are anonymously reviewed by a committee of approximately 3-5 people, and assessed using the following criteria:
- Was a relevant argument set out in the paper? If so, was the argument fully developed throughout the paper?
- Were other studies/reports/research referred to? In other words, was there a detailed analysis conducted on the issue?
- Was this paper unique in some way? Was there any evidence of originality/creativity?
- Was the writing style at an acceptable level? Were there any grammatical errors or spelling errors? Did the paper flow?
- Did I learn something from reading this paper?
- Was this paper relevant to Women’s and Gender Studies?
Winners receive a monetary prize of $100.00, a complimentary one-year membership to the association, and are invited to read their papers at the Awards ceremony during the annual conference. (Up to $500.00 is available to help defray travel costs). Honourable mention receives a monetary prize of $50.00.
Read the application instructions here: WGSRF Undergrad Essay Call (38.5 KB)