Benefits of Membership
Through your membership in Women's and Gender Studies et Recherches Féministes you demonstrate your support for ongoing feminist, anti-racist, transnational, queer and trans, and other related research, scholarship, education, service and activism in Women's and Gender Studies in Canada.
When you are a member of WGSRF, you are part of a professional network of scholars and educators working in the area of Women’s and Gender Studies. You have access to Professional Development information on the website – from how to search for academic work in Women’s and Gender Studies to issues of tenure and promotion – as well as an annual conference where you can collaborate with local, regional, national and international colleagues on panels, roundtables, research, performances and other endeavours.
To further participate in WGSRF and the ongoing development of Women’s and Gender Studies in Canada, members are encouraged to join the association's various committees and/or allow their nomination for an Executive position in WGSRF.
With a membership you are:
- Part of a professional network of scholars and educators working in the area of Women’s and Gender Studies
- Information on how to search for academic work in Women’s and Gender Studies to issues of tenure and promotion
- Sustaining a national dialogue between professors, community scholars, graduate students, undergraduate students and activists who convene yearly at the annual WGSRF conference held in conjunction with the Congress of the CFHSS / FCSH.
- Supporting awards to better recognize the variety of work produced by Women's and Gender Studies practitioners and students
- Bringing Women’s and Gender Studies program co-ordinators together at the annual chairs’ meeting planned by WGSRF.
- Staying informed with WFSRF activities and Woman and Gender Studies in general
- Eligible for discounts from partner publishers
Professional Membership: 1 year $75 (base membership) with optional Conference Travel Fund as able (suggested amounts $30, $70, $130, $280).
- Faculty members with full university appointments are encouraged to voluntarily increase their membership fee by giving to the Conference Travel Fund. These additional funds will allow WGSRF to better respond to rising conference fees, expand the services we offer to graduate students, and begin to create a surplus for such projects as a rotating post-doc award to support smaller programs.
Associate Membership: 1 year $25
- For contract instructors, community members or retired members or those with a low income.
Student or Unwaged: 1 year $15
- Small institution or program $75 (or $200 for 3 years)
- Medium size institution or program $125 (or $350 for 3 years)
- Large institution or program $200 (or $575 for 3 years)