To share a job posting, please email Grace at email@example.com
The UBC Okanagan’s Gender, Women and Sexuality Studies Program is looking for sessional instructors for the fall for two classes (online). See details below.
TERM 1 (September 1, 2022 – December 31, 2022)
GWST 333 – Perspectives on Gendered Bodies – Online
Interdisciplinary overview of approached to gendered embodiment at the level of lived experience and of representation. Focus on the relationship of embodiment to social identity.
GWST 423 – Trans-(Gender) Feminisms – Online
Overview of the historical emergence of trans-(gender) feminisms. Focus on debates across trans, queer, and feminist scholarship, methodology, and activism. Consideration of the politics of sex/gender transformation vis-à-vis ‘race’, ‘culture’, sexuality, class, and social justice.
Applicants with a PhD in Gender, Women, and Sexuality Studies, and relevant research and post-secondary teaching experience are preferred. Interested applicants should forward a Curriculum vitae and three names of referees, plus recent teaching evaluations (if available) to Tess Lea, via Alicia Head at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send application documents in electronic format using WORD or PDF files. The deadline for applications is July 31, 2022
All positions are subject to funding and enrollment.
Applications sent by mail, please address to:
Alicia Head, Department Assistant
Community, Culture and Global Studies
University of British Columbia Okanagan
1147 Research Road
Kelowna, BC Canada V1V 1V7
Phone: 250 807-8102
Full posting (and others) can be found here.
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program and the Department of Political Studies at the University of Saskatchewan invite applications from qualified academics, for a three-year limited term appointment to teach in Women’s and Gender Studies, starting July 1, 2022. The appointment will be at the rank of Assistant Professor. Download the full job posting here.
The Women’s and Gender Studies Program at St. Francis Xavier University at St. Francis Xavier University invites applications for a nine-month Limited Term Appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor beginning September 1, 2022. This position is subject to final budgetary approval. Full posting here.
External Job Boards
Post-Doctoral Research Position for Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Ewha Womans University
Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Ewha Womans University, is hiring two post-doctoral researchers for a project titled <Race and Gender: Global Korea, Neo-Racialization, and Intersectionality>. The project is part of Institute Programs in Humanities & Social Sciences, National Research Foundation of Korea. You can find more information about the Asian Center for Women's Studies here.
1. Job Descriptions
· Employment period: the contract date ~ 2023.5.31. (may be extended upon evaluation)
· Monthly salary: 2,820,000 KRW (does not include social insurance and severance pay)
· Working time: Full-time
· Place of work : Asian Center for Women’s Studies, Ewha Womans University (Yeonghak-gwan, 52, Ewhayeodae-gil, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea)
2. Minimum Qualifications
· Holds Ph.D. (including a prospective Ph.D. graduate this August)
· Has expertise on race and gender related fields
· Eligible for business trip and appointments in academia
3. Hiring Information
· Procedure: (1) Document screening (2) Interview if necessary
· Number of opening positions: 1
· Application period: 2022.6.3.~6.15.
· Submission: Send the required documents in zip file via email (email@example.com)
*Title of the email and documents should be as follows: “Application to a Post-doctoral Researcher Position_NAME”
5. Documents to be Submitted
1) A resume with research experiences listed (format-free)
2) A final degree certificate
3) A research plan (format-free)
*Additional documents will be asked once appointments are finalized.
1) Submitted documents will not be returned.
2) Final decisions will be announced individually.
3) Final decisions may be rescinded if any discrepancy in applications is found
· Contact : 02-3277-4244
University of Regina is recruiting a tenure-track Assistant Professor in Queer Studies in Education for a full-time, tenure-track position appointment with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022. Download the full job description here: queer studies ed (131 KB)
Mount Allison University invites applications for a Sexualized Violence Response, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (SVREDI) Advocate. Read the full posting here.
The Department of Politics, York University is recruiting for a Sessional Assistant Professor in International Relations, Specialization in International Security. The job posting may be accessed via this link: Sessional Assistant Professor in International Relations.
McGill University's Institute for Gender, Sexuality and Feminist Studies invites applications for a course lecturer position to teach GSFS 250, Sexual and Gender Diversity Studies. Applications will be accepted until February 21, 2022. Full posting here.
Trent University invites applications for a tenure track joint appointment in the Chanie Wenjack School for Indigenous Studies and the Department of Gender and Social Justice at the rank of Assistant Professor. Full posting here.
The University of Alberta seeks candidates for a tenure track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies. The area of specialization is Transnational Feminist and Gender Studies. This is one of almost a dozen positions recently opened at the University of Alberta in a cohort hire designed to make an immediate and substantive contribution to advancing Black academic excellence at the University of Alberta. A commitment to recruiting and retaining an increasingly diverse group of excellent scholars is essential to addressing the cumulative impacts of biases and inequalities that have stood in the way of inclusive excellence. This is part of the University of Alberta’s ongoing commitment to equity, diversity and inclusivity. Read the full posting here.
York University's School of Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies, Faculty of Liberal Arts & Professional Studies, invites highly qualified candidates to apply for a professorial stream tenure-track appointment in Black Feminist & Queer Studies at the Assistant Professor level, to commence July 1, 2022. Read the full posting here.
Mount Royal University invites applications for one position at the rank of either Assistant Professor or Associate Professor (hired with tenure is a possibility) with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2022 (negotiable). The successful candidate will be a teacher-scholar broadly trained in gender, women’s, sexuality, and/or feminist studies with expertise in field(s) that complement but do not duplicate those already represented. Fields of specialty are open, and the position will remain open until filled. We especially invite candidates who will strengthen our program’s commitment to social justice, anti-racist scholarship, and feminist technology, science, and/or health studies. Find full details of the posting here.
Huron at Western University invites applications for per-course contract instructors for 2022-2023. You can find detailed information on the courses here.
Queen's University. Applications are invited for the position of Head of the Department of Gender Studies, which houses the Gender Studies and Black Studies programs in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- For this tenured position, we are searching for an outstanding academic at the rank of Associate or Full Professor, with proven leadership and administrative skills and scholarly expertise in studies of race and racism, anti-racism and decolonization. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and visionary thinker who has administrative experience in interdisciplinary environments, demonstrated excellence in teaching and curriculum development, proven ability to lead diverse groups of stakeholders and advocate for social and institutional change, as well as research and teaching expertise in two or more of the following areas: intersectional and transnational studies in race, gender, sexuality; critical disability studies; Black Studies; Indigenous Studies; queer and trans studies; Critical Muslim/SWANA Studies; feminist activism and solidarity work; class and socio-economic justice; and decolonial, post-colonial and/or diaspora studies.
- Throughout its thirty-five-year history, the Department has demonstrated a longstanding and steadfast commitment to social justice work both at and outside of the university and across local, national, and international scales. Centering the importance of challenging and addressing interlocking systems of power and how they manifest across structures and relationships, the Department is committed to interdisciplinary and intersectional knowledge production which provides students with critical thinking skills, experiential learning opportunities devoted to community-based activism, and tools for future leadership. The Department demonstrates an ongoing commitment to activist work, has made intersectional approaches to race and gender central to both its curriculum and hiring processes, and plays a leadership role on campus and in the local community by initiating much-needed conversations among faculty, staff, and students.
- Applications are to be directed to: Lynda Jessup, Chair of the Search Committee, c/o Danielle Gugler, Faculty of Arts and Science, Queen’s University. Electronic submissions can be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants who prefer to send their submission by post, please contact email@example.com. All applications must be submitted by Monday, February 14 2022.
- A complete application consists of:
- a cover letter (including one of the two statements regarding Canadian citizenship / permanent resident status; see position description for details);
- a current Curriculum Vitae (including a list of publications);
- a 2-page statement outlining experience in administration and leadership
- a 2-page statement of research interests;
- a 1–2-page teaching philosophy statement; and,
- The names and contact information of three references.
- References, representative publications, and teaching outlines and evaluations will be collected only at the shortlist stage.
McMaster University is now seeking candidates for two new roles Director, Sexual Violence Prevention & Response Office and Anti-Oppression Programs, and Case Manager, Sexual Violence Response. The Committee will begin its review of candidates in February with an ideal start date in April 2022. You can read the full job postings here.
Student position. Front End Developer & Analyst. Starting September 2022 (renewable up to 5 years). Open to students in any graduate program in Canada and the United States. Deadline: Feb 1. More info: https://carleton.ca/transmedialab/2021/developer-analyst-fall2022/
Stanford University seeks an outstanding scholar (at the associate or full professor level) whose work and teaching substantially contribute to feminist, gender, and sexuality studies, broadly conceived, and who preferably has experience in leading interdisciplinary programs. The position will be housed in a humanities or social sciences department and will be affiliated with the Program in Feminist, Gender, and Sexuality Studies (FGSS).
McMaster University is seeking a Director, Sexual Violence Prevention and Response Office & Anti-Oppression Programs. Review of applications to begin early August 2021.
Brock University The Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies (WGST) and the Department of Sociology (SOCI) at Brock University invites applications for a tenure-track cross-appointment (housed in WGST) effective July 1st, 2021.
McMaster University The Faculty of Humanities at McMaster University invites applications for a three-year, contractually limited appointment as Assistant Professor of Gender and Global Social Justice to teach in the Gender Studies and Feminist Research and Global Peace and Social Justice (formerly Peace Studies) programs.
St. Mary's University The Department of Social Justice & Community Studies (SJCS) at Saint Mary’s University, on unceded Mi’kmaq territory, invites applications for an eight-month contractually limited-term appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, effective 1 September 2021. Applications will be considered beginning April 16, 2021.
University of Guelph The Classical Studies program in the School of Languages and Literatures together with the Sexualities, Genders, and Social Change program at the University of Guelph invite applications for one three-year CLA position at the Assistant Professor level to commence on 1 July 2021. Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Acadia University The ESST and WGST Interdisciplinary programs invite applications for a cross-appointed, tenure track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, to begin on July 1, 2021. For the full application, visit here.
McMaster University is pleased to announce a cohort hiring initiative of up to twelve appointments of emerging and established academics and scholars who will contribute to the advancement of Black academic excellence across all six McMaster Faculties.
Duke University Press is seeking a Journals Production Coordinator for their Editorial, Design, and Production team. The application deadline is March 5, 2021.
University of Guelph The Classical Studies program in the School of Languages and Literatures together with the Sexualities, Genders, and Social Change program at the University of Guelph invite applications for one three-year CLA position at the Assistant Professor level to commence on 1 July 2021.
University of Ottawa The Institute of Feminist and Gender Studies at the University of Ottawa, located on the traditional and unceded territory of the Anishinabe-Algonquin people, is accepting applications for one (1) tenure-track position in Afrofeminist studies, commencing July 1st 2021.
Brock University The Centre for Women’s and Gender Studies (WGST) and the Department of Sociology (SOCI) at Brock University invites applications for a tenure-track cross-appointment (housed in WGST) effective July 1st, 2021. The rank of the position is open (Assistant, Associate or Full Professor) and subject to budgetary approval. The ideal applicant will be working in the fields of critical socio-legal studies, Indigenous law, and transformative justice. The closing date is April 6, 2021.
Associate Professor in Black Feminist Histories and Thought in the Department of Historical and Cultural Studies at the University of Toronto Scarborough (UTSC), commencing July 1, 2021. The application deadline is November 2, 2020. For the full job posting, please click here.
Assistant or Associate Professor in Socio-Legal Studies in the Department of Criminology in the Faculty of Arts at Ryerson University, effective 1 July 2021. The application deadline is November 16, 2020. The full posting can be found here.
Assistant Professor in Decolonial, Intersectional, Anti-Racist Feminisms (Tenure-Track) in the Department of Gender Studies, University of Victoria, commencing July 1, 2021. The application deadline is December 1, 2020, at midnight PST. For more information, please click here.
Postdoctoral Researcher in Social Media at the Social Media Collective. Postdoctoral researchers are hired for a two-year term appointment following the academic calendar, starting in July 2021. The position is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The application deadline is December 1, 2020. For the full posting, please visit here.
Researcher, EDID. The Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences in Ottawa, Ontario is hiring a short-term Independent Contractor position for a Researcher, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Decolonization (EDID). The application deadline is December 4, 2020. For the full posting, see here.
Coordinator, Sexualized Violence Response and Education at Acadia University in Wolfville, Nova Scotia. The application deadline is December 4, 2020. Find the full posting here.
Assistant Professor in Public History and Colonialism (with an expertise in digital humanities) at the University of Ottawa, commencing July 1, 2021. The application deadline is December 11, 2020. For the full posting, please visit here.
Associate Vice President, Indigenization and Decolonization at Mount Royal University. The application deadline is January 15, 2021. For more details on the posting, visit here.
Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream, Gender, Globalization, and Violence (a one-year Contractually Limited Term Appointment) in the Women's and Gender Studies Institute, University of Toronto (St. George campus). The application closing date is January 26, 2021. View the full posting here.